No pork dish is complete without a recipe for the best and tastiest ribs. Whether it’s a saucy one like this recipe for sticky orange pork ribs or a smoky barbecue recipe, succulent pork ribs are a must! In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a year-round favorite.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound boiled pork ribs (in short rib pieces or long cuts are fine)
- Peel of 1 orange (it is okay to leave the white part for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1 piece star anise
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- Sesame seeds or orange zest for garnish
Let’s Cook Some Sticky Pork Ribs!
- Begin by gathering everything you’ll need. This recipe is so easy and fast to make, it will be a lot better to have what you need available before you start cooking.
- In a lightly oiled heavy bottom pan over high heat, sear the already cooked rib pieces to brown them a little. This gives the dish a smoky flavor.
- Pour in the water and add the sliced ginger.
- Follow it up with the soy sauce, orange peel, brown sugar, and star anise. Cook over high heat until almost all the sauce is absorbed, stirring occasionally. This part takes less than 5 minutes.
- The sauce should be reduced to only a few tablespoons and will stick to the ribs, making the ribs sticky and yummy!
- Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds or perhaps orange zest!
- This recipe serves up to 4 people and is best eaten with steamed rice. Enjoy!