If you love pork, you’ll surely love this recipe for oriental glazed pork. This succulent pork in a sweet and tangy fresh-tasting sauce is in a league of its own. It’s like having your favorite pork barbecue only better. Serve this with rice or noodles and you’ll surely be everyone’s best friend.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 pounds pork with the bone left in (best cuts to use are shoulder or pork legs)
- 1 ounce piece of fresh ginger root, sliced thinly
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ cup vinegar (cane vinegar or white wine vinegar works well)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 pieces star anise
Let’s Cook Up Some Juicy Glazed Pork!
- Wash the pork pieces and place in an unheated heavy bottom pan with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Turn up the heat to medium-high and sear the pork pieces until some parts are fully browned. This technique gives the finished dish so much flavor!
- Once the pork has been seared, add in the ginger slices and allow the ginger to infuse with the oil for about a minute.
- Then add the soy sauce.
- Followed by the water.
- And then the vinegar. Cover and cook on medium heat until only about half a cup of the liquid remains.
- Add in the sugar and star anise. Make sure the sugar gets dissolved in the sauce. Coat the pork pieces with this mixture and then cover. Simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes until you can really smell the aromatic flavor of the star anise.
- The finished dish will be glossy, delicious, and oh-so-tempting!
- Serve with plenty of rice. This dish is good for 4 to 6 generous servings.