If you love lasagna, then you’ll love this hearty meal that’s perfect for the colder months. It’s a soup, a casserole, and your good ‘ole lasagna all rolled in 1 easy dish that takes only a single pot to make! You can make it as ‘soupy’ or as dry as you want and it all comes together in 30 minutes or less!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound of minced beef (ground beef)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped up
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- Half a tablespoon of dried basil (use 1 heaped tablespoon if using the fresh herb)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (use twice the amount if using fresh herbs)
- Half a cup tomato paste
- Half a pound farfalle pasta (also called bowtie pasta)
- Half a pound fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups beef stock (you may use more if you want it saucier or more like soup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
***you can adjust the amount of herbs you use based on your personal preference
Let’s Make Some Delicious Lasagna Soup!
- Start by cooking your beef with the olive oil in a deep pan over medium high heat. Once the beef is cooked, add in the onion and sauté until the onion becomes slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic and herbs, then turn the heat to medium, frequently stirring the mixture until you can smell the garlic.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté until the oil starts turning a bit red from the tomato. This step is crucial to give the dish a deeper flavor, like it’s been cooking for half the day.
- Add the beef broth and pasta. Turn the heat up to medium high and bring to a boil, then simmer and cover for 10 minutes.
- You may need to check on it or add a little more broth if you want the dish to be more like soup instead of a casserole consistency. Check if the pasta is already tender.
- Once the pasta is already al dente, you may further adjust the sauciness of the dish by adding more broth, or if you are already happy with how the dish is, simply season with salt and pepper to taste. Crumble the fresh mozzarella on top and turn the heat to very low. Cover for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese turns gooey.
- Once the cheese has melted, it’s ready!
- Serve in individual bowls or eat family style! This recipe easily serves 4 people.