Ever craved pizza while on a diet? If you are watching your caloric intake or just want a new way to enjoy pizza and tortillas, this caprese pizza with whole wheat tortilla crust will save the day. It can be put together in minutes and tastes delicious.
What You Will Need:
- 1/3 to ½ cup marinara sauce or tomato sauce (can use tomato puree)
- 1 10-12 inch whole wheat flour tortilla (may use regular tortilla)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (1 teaspoon if using fresh leaves)
- Some basil leaves
- 3-4 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Dried red chili flakes (optional)
- Bring all the ingredients together. Preheat the oven to 180C for at least 15 minutes.
- Make your own no-cook pizza sauce by combining the marinara, tomato sauce, tomato puree, ground black pepper, red chili flakes and oregano leaves together.
- Spread the sauce over the top of the whole wheat tortilla. Layer in some basil leaves and crumble/shred the mozzarella on top.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until the tortilla’s edges have crisped up and the cheese has melted.
- You may drizzle in some olive oil if you want, but this pizza with a twist is good as it is.
- Enjoy this simplified pizza!