Ever craved pizza for breakfast? Yes you probably have, but this recipe is far from just eating the leftover pizza you may have managed to save from last night’s dinner or movie night. This breakfast pizza is a full breakfast in pizza form. Laden with cheese, bacon, eggs, hash browns and sun dried tomato on a tortilla crust to save on time, this creative breakfast idea will make you get out of bed as soon as you wake up.
What You Will Need:
- 5 raw quail eggs (or 1 regular chicken egg)
- 1 10-12 inch flour tortilla (in this recipe we used the whole wheat variety)
- 2 ounces of shredded cheese (cheddar is a good option, as is mozzarella)
- 3 pieces sun dried tomatoes preserved in oil, chopped
- 2 slices of regular bacon (or 1 round of Canadian bacon), chopped
- 1-2 hash brown patties
Let’s Make Some Pizza!
- Prepare all your needed ingredients and preheat oven to 175C.
- On your baking tray, lay down the flour tortilla and spread the cheese and bacon over it.
- Follow it up with the sun dried tomatoes and the hash brown. Crumble the hash brown patties or break them up into pieces to distribute them evenly.
- Crack the quail eggs over the uncooked pizza. If you are using a chicken egg, you may want to leave the center of the pizza without toppings to form a well you can crack the egg over.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the toppings are cooked, the cheese is fully melted and the tortilla crust has crisped up.
- Take out of the oven and serve up! This makes for a hearty breakfast for one or can be shared with someone. Enjoy!