Pizza and barbecues are what picnics and summers are made of, and everything is much better when you combine these two all-time favorites together. Whether it may be for a hearty dinner, or for game night, this BBQ chicken pizza is always a grand slam.
What You Will Need:
- 1 medium sized frozen or homemade pizza crust
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 5 cups cooked grilled or roasted chicken, homemade or from the deli, sliced into cubes
- 5 cups shredded smoked mozzarella or regular mozzarella
- 1 large red onion, cut into rings or half rings
Lets Make Some Mean BBQ Chicken Pizza!
- Preheat the oven to 200C and gather everything you need.
- Mix up the sliced chicken with the BBQ sauce.
- To help the pizza crust not get soggy, bake it in the oven by itself for 5 minutes until it is just starting to be lightly browned.
- Place the chicken and sauce mixture over the baked pizza crust, making sure to spread everything as evenly as you can.
- Sprinkle half the mozzarella on top of the chicken and sauce mixture.
- Load up the red onions.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the pizza has browned and the cheese has fully melted.
- This recipe can easily serve 2-3 people as a full meal. Enjoy.